If you prefer to make your Privacy Center available through your own domain, you can set up a custom domain
Important: Please contact our support team here if you wish to create a custom domain to ensure its proper functionality.
Create a custom CNAME record:
- Go to your DNS provider's website (e.g., GoDaddy, Cloudflare).
- Create a CNAME record ('canonical name') and set its name to the domain you would like to use.
- Set its value to:
- Leave the TTL as default.
Note: DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to take effect but they typically happen much faster.
Your Privacy Center is now available at: https://privacy.saymine.io/yourcompany.
Choosing to configure SSL (recommended):
After you set up a custom domain, your Privacy Center, might be available on HTTP rather than HTTPS.
If that's the case, your Privacy Center will now appear as 'not secure' on modern web browsers. Since it allows your customers to submit personal information, you should ensure you configure SSL properly.
Here's how to secure it:
SSL (or TLS), is the most widely used way to secure the connection between your server and the browser. It ensures the connection between the server and browser is encrypted and safe, and appears as HTTPS.
There are two ways to set up SSL on your custom domain:
- Use a flexible SSL (using a third party DNS provider like CloudFlare or AWS CloudFront)
- Use your own SSL certificate (using a TLS Termination Proxy)
If you have any questions about setting up a custom domain, talk to us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!🙂