Automate your privacy requests fulfillment by integrating Mine PrivacyOps to Exponea (Bloomreach)
This integration allows you to automate DSR handling from Exponea.Fulfilling a user’s deletion request using this integration anonymizes PII from the customer object:
- The anonymization process removes all Private information and all external identifiers and assigns a new cookie ID.
- Please note that apart from customer IDs, the anonymize call only removes properties that have been marked as Private - "Personal Identifiable Information" (PII).
Fulfilling a user's copy request using this integration exports the customer object with its events and properties.
Before you start
- Make sure your Mine PrivacyOps plan supports integrations.
- Make sure you have the required permission to create API Keys in Exponea.
- Log in to your Mine PrivacyOps account, click Data Sources and search for Exponea. Click it to access the integraion setup page:
- Click "add to your list". To setup Exponea integration you would need to fill 3 values: API Key, API Secret & Project Token. In the following steps we will guide you how to get these values from your Exponea account.
Log in to your Expona account
Follow the steps in this guide to create an API Key with private access: https://docs.exponea.com/reference/prerequisites
Name the new API group "Mine PrivacyOps" and choose "private access"
You can now copy the API Key & API Secret to Mine PrivacyOps.
- To set the correct permissions for the API group you just created, make sure you select all the permissions under the GDPR tab. This will ensure Mine PrivacyOps has the correct access to automate your DSR handling.
- Getting the project token: on the upper right corner click Settings -> Project Settings:
On the left menu make sure you are on General - > General project settings
- You should now see your project token. Copy & paste it to Mine PrivacyOps.
Back in Mine PrivacyOps on the integration setup page, click enable integration and Save.
- You can now click "Test your integration" so the system can check the configuration was applied correctly.
Tip💡If the integration didn’t succeed, make sure the API Group permissions are correct.
Read more about the deletion process using integrations here.
Read more about the get a copy process using integrations here.
Talk to us if you need any help with Integrations via our chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to assist!🙂