Automate your privacy processes using Mine PrivacyOps to increase efficiency and streamline your requests management flow
Want an expert to assist you? Get a free personal onboarding!
Mine PrivacyOps makes it easy for you to manage your privacy requests in an organized and trackable manner.
The privacy requests workflow includes the following four statuses:
- Review - Continue or reject each request using the request's identifying details, including my email evidence and details reported by the user.
- Process - Delete users' data with third-party integrations or confirm and document a manual process.
- Reply - Quickly reply to users by using predefined email templates.
- Close - Close the request and keep a record of all request activities for audit purposes.
Using the dropdown menu on the top left corner of your Open Request page, you can filter your open requests by their statuses.
Every privacy request generated via Mine is verified with an OAuth verification process which means that the sender is the owner of the email address specified in the request. Verified users will have a green checkmark next to their email address.
Stage 1 - Review:
By clicking on one of your verified requests, you can view all identifying details of the request, as well as:
1. Email evidence by Mine
Featuring the last three email interactions found in the user's inbox, sent by your company to the user. The evidence includes the date, subject line, "from" and "reply to" (if any) email addresses of the emails.
Click on “Search for evidence” for the above-mentioned evidence to appear.
This information will help you identify your users and locate them in your systems.
2. Additional information reported by the user
- If the request was submitted through the Mine platform, this section includes the user's country of residence.
- If the request was submitted through the web form, this section includes the data fields you defined in your privacy center settings.
3. Recent activity
When managing an open request, you’ll find on the right side the “Recent activity” section. By using the “Email user” button, you can interact with the user regarding their privacy request.
Note: Only communications conducted through the Portal will appear under the conversation section.
You can use the “Add note” tool, to write a note to yourself or one of your teammates. This will help you to stay organized and on top of your requests and will be documented as part of the request log.
4. Proceed to the next status
After reviewing the request details, you can either continue or reject the request:
- Upon continuing, you will proceed to the Process stage, where you can process the request using integrations.
- Rejecting a request will bypass the Process stage and take you directly to the Reply stage, where you can select a predefined email from your existing templates and close the request.
Stage 2 - Process:
With integrations, users' data can easily be deleted. If you don't have data sources connected to your Portal Account, you can either set them up in minutes or confirm the process has been done manually.
If you have data sources connected to your Portal account:
- Upon accepting a new deletion request, select the sources from which you want to delete the user's data. Next to each data source is the number of records found for that user.
- Click on "Delete" to start the deletion from the connected data sources.
Successful deletions will be marked with a checked-off label next to the data source as shown below:
- If you have other data sources that are not connected to your Portal account, make sure that all the data has been deleted. Afterward, check the box to confirm that "all data was deleted" from the company's data sources.
- Click "Continue" and move to the next stage.
If you don't have data sources connected to your Portal:
You can choose to delete the data manually by checking the box to confirm that "all data was deleted" from the company's data sources.
Stage 3 - Reply:
Leverage email templates to provide consistent responses and save time. You can edit your template message by clicking on "Edit your reply templates". To complete the request, click "Reply & close".
Stage 4 - Close:
Congrats! You have successfully fulfilled a request.
By clicking on "See request history", you can view all the request's logs, including the agent who handled the request, all conversations with the user, and the deletion timestamps.
Next: Learn how to manage your copy requests here.
Talk to us if you need any help with deletion requests via our chat or at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to assist!🙂