Automating your privacy request fulfillment by integrating MineOS to Mixpanel
This integration allows you to automate deletion requests of user data from Mixpanel.
By enabling this integration and upon approval, you will be able to delete user data from any Mixpanel project associated with the requester. This will schedule a deletion job that will delete all the data, including events and user profile data associated with the user’s specified distinct_id.
MineOS associates a specific email address with a distinct_id to enable deletion.
Note: The deletion task can take up to 7 days to complete.
When you enable the integration, you will be able to use it under the Process stage of the request handling workflow (detailed explanation below).
Before you start
- Make sure your MineOS plan supports integrations.
- Make sure you have an owner or admin account for the Mixpanel project you wish to integrate with your Portal account.
To connect Mixpanel integration, follow the steps below:
- On the left sidebar, click on “Integrations” and search for Mixpanel in the integration list.
- Choose your Mixpanel Integration Type from the dropdown list:
- Mixpanel- to handle DSR requests by user email address, and to run PII Discovery scan.
- Mixpanel User ID - to handle DSR requests by user distinct id.
- Next, enter your Mixpanel API keys.
Follow these steps to obtain your Mixpanel API keys (Three keys are required):
a. Login to your Mixpanel account.
b. Click on Settings on the top right corner of the screen →Your name →Data&Privacy
c. Under "GDPR API", click the "Generate" button to create an API token.
d. Copy the OAuth Token for GDPR APIs and paste it in the matching field on the Mixpanel integration page in your Portal account - "GDPR API OAuth Token" (first API on the page).
e. Next, on your Personal Settings menu, go to Projects and select the Mixpanel project from which you would like the data to be removed. Note: You can delete data only from one particular Mixpanel project.
f. Copy the Mixpanel project's "Token" and the project's "API secret" and paste them in the matching fields on the Mixpanel integration page - "Project's token" (second API on the page) and "Project's API secret" (third API on the page), respectively.
After pasting your API keys, click “Test your integration” so MineOS can
verify the keys.
Click "Enable integration" and “Save.”
That's it! MineOS is now connected to your Mixpanel project. You can now delete your customers’ data at the click of a button.
Notes and limitations:
- The integration supports EU and Non-EU Mixpanel accounts.
- If there are two distinct_ids connected to the same email address, only one will be deleted. To delete the other distinct_id, click delete again after a few minutes.
- Rate limiting: MixPanel has very strict API rate limiting (60 calls/hour). Handling a DSR request in MineOS runs 4-5 API calls in the background, so after ~10 tickets you may reach the limit and have to wait until handling more tickets.
Read more about the deletion process using integrations here.
Create a Deletion Task: https://developer.mixpanel.com/docs/privacy-security#manage-personal-data
Viewing Project Token, API Key, and API Secret: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000953003
Talk to us if you need any help with Integrations via our chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist!🙂