Automate privacy requests and data classification by integrating MineOS to Salesforce
This integration allows you to automate DSRs by deleting, anonymizing, or accessing customer data on Salesforce.
- Copy requests are automated by sending the customer a copy of any User, Lead & Contact objects found.
- Deletion requests are automated by deleting or anonymizing customer records.
This integration allows you to perform data classification on your Salesforce instance:
Before you start
- Make sure your MineOS plan supports automatic integrations.
- Ensure you have the required permissions to connect apps to your Salesforce account.
First, Select the type of integration you would like to use: Delete or Anonymize, depending on how you want deletion requests to be handled:
- 'Delete' integration type - deletes objects associated with the requestor's email address and their related case objects. Salesforce 'User' objects are not deleted.
- Anonymize' integration type - works by searching any objects in Salesforce that contain the requestor's email address and anonymizing basic fields (name, phone, email).
We highly recommend using the 'Delete' integration type over the 'Anonymize' integration type; The anonymize integration type depends on the user's internal usage of the records as well as the read/write permissions of each field, and therefore more prone to failure.
- If you connect a Sandbox Salesforce account, type TEST in the box. If you are connecting a production account - leave it empty.
- Click "Connect" and follow the onscreen instructions to authorize MineOS access.
You're done! MineOS has been connected to your Salesforce account. You can now handle DSRs or start a data classification scan on your Salesforce account.
Read more about the deletion process using integrations here.
Read more about the get a copy process using integrations here.
Talk to us if you need any help with Integrations via our chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist!🙂