Automating your privacy requests fulfillment by integrating Mine PrivacyOps to Sendgrid
This integration allows you to automate deletion requests of user data from SendGrid.
Upon enabling this integration, any deletion request from the user will lead to a deletion of all of his contact information as well as any related information that might exist in segments, lists, stats or unsubscribe lists.
As for the activity feed history, the data will be accessible based on your activity history plan.
According to SendGrid, Email message activity and metadata automatically times out and are erased after around 30 days.
Before you start
- Make sure your Mine PrivacyOps plan supports integrations.
- Make sure you have the permissions to create an API key on your SendGrid account.
To enable SendGrid integration, follow the steps below:
1. On the left sidebar, click “Data Sources” and search for SendGrid in the integration list.
2. Next, enter your SendGrid API key.
Follow these steps to obtain your SendGrid API key:
a. Login to your SendGrid account.
b. Go to Settings → API Keys (or click here).
c. On the right top corner of the screen, click Create API Key.
d. Choose your API key name (e.g., "MineAPIKey").
e. Then, click Restricted Access. A menu of Access Details will appear below.
f. Scroll down to Marketing and Activate Marketing (the bar will turn blue).
g. Then click Create & View.
3. Use the displayed API key in Mine PrivacyOps - enter your API Key and click "Testing your Integration".
4. Click "Enable integration" and “Save”.
You're done! Mine PrivacyOps has now been connected to your SendGrid account. You can now easily delete your customers’ data from SendGrid.
Read more about the deletion process using integrations here.
Read more about the get a copy process using integrations here.
Talk to us if you need any help with Integrations via our chat or at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist!🙂