Automating your privacy requests fulfillment by integrating Mine Privacy Portal to Sendgrid
This integration allows you to automate deletion requests by deleting customer data from SendGrid.
By using this integration, upon approval, contact information for the requesting user will be deleted, as well as related information that might exist in segments, lists, stats, or unsubscribe lists.
As for the activity feed history, the data will be accessible for you based on your activity history plan.
According to SendGrid, Email message activity and metadata automatically times out after around 30 days.
Before you start
- Make sure your Mine Portal plan supports integrations.
- Make sure you have the permissions to create an API key on your SendGrid account.
To connect the SendGrid integration, follow the steps below:
1. On the left sidebar, click on “Integrations” and search for SendGrid in the integration list.
2. Next, enter your SendGrid API key.
Follow these steps to obtain your SendGrid API key:
a. Login to your SendGrid account.
b. Go to Settings → API Keys (or click here).
c. On the right top corner of the screen, click Create API Key.
d. Choose your API key name (e.g., "MineAPIKey").
e. Then, click Restricted Access. A menu of Access Details will appear below.
f. Scroll down to Marketing and Activate Marketing (the bar will turn blue).
g. Then click Create & View.
3. Use the displayed API key in Mine Portal - enter your API Key and click "Testing your Integration".
4. Click "Enable integration" and “Save”.
You're done! Mine Portal has been connected to your SendGrid account. You can now easily delete your customers’ data from SendGrid.
Read more about the deletion process using integrations here.
Read more about the get a copy process using integrations here.
Talk to us if you need any help with Integrations via our chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist!🙂