Provide users with a private link with a copy of their data rather sending it via email
Want an expert to assist you? Get a free personal onboarding!
On your Requests page, you can view all your open copy requests, whether submitted using your privacy web form or manually uploaded.
Wondering how to manage your copy requests? Follow the steps below!
- Identify copy requests by their "Type" → "Get Copy."
- Click on the request to review its details and accept it by clicking "Continue."
Note: As with deleting requests, you can review all the details on the left, including the request source (form or manually) and the request's Recent Activity on the right.
Learn more about the request's Recent Activity and audit logs here.
- As part of the Process stage, select the data sources from which you want to provide the user a copy of their data.
Your data sources are divided into:
- Automated data sources to collect from: These are data sources that you've already set up and support copy requests. In these integrations, data related to the user is automatically collected and ready for sending.
Next to each automated data source, you will see the number of records found related to the user. The data source will not be displayed in the users' link if no records are found.
- Manual data sources to collect from: These are the manual data sources and the data sources that do not support copy requests (such as email integrations) in your data sources list.
Using the checkboxes next to each data source, you can select which data sources appear in the link and which do not.
- Once you have chosen which data sources will appear in the link, click "Generate copy."
A window with the link for the users will appear at the top of the screen.
The link will include the data collected from the automated data sources and the data you manually added or the categories for each manual data source.
Review the link by clicking "Preview" and see how the data will appear to the user.
To edit the link, click "Make changes." This will bring you back to the Process stage, where you can uncheck the box not to include a data source or upload another file.
Note: The link with the copy of the user's data is available for 30 days.
- After editing the link for the user, check the box "I completed this step" and move on to the Reply stage.
- Next, reply with a confirmation message, including the link directing the user to the copy of their data. The link is automatically added to your reply, and you can also add it as a variable.
Before sending your reply, you can edit your template message by clicking "Edit your reply templates."
To complete the request, click "Reply & close."
Note: You can choose not to send the user a reply by checking the box "Don't send a reply."
- You're all done!
- To view a detailed record of the request's activities, click "Show all" in the Recent Activity window. This will show all actions taken with the request.
Note: Only the user receives the email with a copy of their data. A record that the email was sent can be found in the request history:
Talk to us if you need any help with the get a copy process via our chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to assist!🙂