Here’s what you need to know about getting started with request handling on Mine PrivacyOps.
Before getting started with DSR Handling: Make sure your systems are in place
4 steps in the DSR Handling flow:
1. Set up Workflows
What are workflows?
Assign a workflow to each data source you plan to use in request handling.
There are three different workflows to choose from:
- Manual Handling
- Integrations: best for systems with sensitive and/or large quantities of data
- Assign a Coworker: best for systems that fall under a coworker's domain or responsibility
To learn more about how to set up workflows, click here.
2. Configure Requests
There are multiple ways to receive incoming requests. To get started with DSR Handling, you must first configure requests to have at least 1 request to handle. Here's how:
- Set up channels
- Add request types
- Add requests manually
There are four different channels to choose from when setting up incoming requests:
- Privacy Center: allow your users' to submit privacy requests through a form directly from your website.
- Connect to Mine: Connect to Mine to import requests from Mine & to receive Mine requests on your Portal.
- Email Forwarding: Forward requests from your company's privacy inbox to your Mine PrivacyOps account.
- Toll free number
Add request Types
Before configuring responses, It is important to decide which request types you’d like to enable in your DSR Handling:
- Do Not Sell
- Do Not Mail
- Right to Edit
Learn how to do so here.
Add Requests Manually
You can also add requests to your inbox manually. To learn how, click here.
3. Configure Responses
Send predefined email templates & set up automated rules to streamline your privacy request handling process
There are several template types depending on the enabled request types in your Portal. Once enabled, every request which meets the template's criteria will receive the template's automatic response.
There are three template types:
- Completion reply
- Cancellation reply
- Rejection reply
Each template is customizable for every request type you enabled (Deletion, copy, do not sell, etc). Learn more about templates here.
4. Process Requests
There are two primary request handling flows:
Upon closing, you can also redact requests. Learn how here.
If you have questions about how the DSR Handling process, write us at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to help!🙂